July 8, 2012


Hello all,
I’m Brooke Risinger and I just completed my first year of teaching at Kennedy Montessori. I taught a 1-2 split my first year, but will be working with a straight first grade class next year with the intent to loop with the students. I feel I have so gained so much knowledge about teaching after this first year and I am excited to make changes to my classroom next year.
In my current literacy block I hold guided reading groups and literacy work centers/stations. Every student would see me for a guided reading lesson, and visit every work station everyday. I am excited to learn new ways to structure my reading time to help make it more efficient. I also would like to learn more about successful literacy centers for students working independently. One success I had in the classroom was working with my ESL and ELL students. Helping to teach students how to speak English and read is one of the most rewarding things I have encountered.

I myself love to read, but sometimes get lost in professional readings and required reading that I forget to read for pleasure. The last book series I read was the Hunger Games, which I couldn't put down! I love getting pulled into a good book, however it can keep me from getting other things done. :)
I am excited to learn from all of you and look forward to KRP!

No comments:

Post a Comment