May 29, 2012


Ashley Dyer 




My name is Ashley Dyer and I work at John F. Kennedy Montessori. This is my first year teaching and it has been an incredible year, full of ups and downs :) 

In the past few months I have gotten hooked on the Hunger Games series. I chose this book to read because I had previously seen the movie and LOVED it. One of my fellow colleagues read the series and talked about how awesome they are. So, I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. 

I am married to a wonderful man named Jarred. We have an incredible ten year old son named Isaac. He will be in the 5th grade this coming school year. I am SO thankful for both of them. My husband is going to start his masters degree  next year at U of L focusing on elementary education.

An area of success this year would have to be the increase in my student's reading abilities and levels. I had several first grade students that were reading on a level 4 at the beginning of the year and they are now reading on a level 28. It has been incredible watching them grow throughout the school year. 

I feel that an area of growth for me would have to be my guided reading groups. I don't feel that I am utilizing this time as efficiently as possible and I am so happy that I will be able to incorporate successful strategies into my reading groups this coming year, thanks to KRP.



1 comment:

Christine said...

Ashley: We will be spending time on guided reading groups during KRP. This year, I've taught guided reading groups using science content.

Post a Comment