May 22, 2012

A Non-Tech Tuesday....Throw Away Your Highlighter!

Congratulations to those in Bullitt and Oldham Counties on completing your school year. Jefferson County teachers are in the home stretch now too. May you finish well. I am looking forward to reading your upcoming introduction posts.

Today I am writing to you from Rochester, MN. My husband has some appointments, and I brought a ton of reading materials up here. I watned to share with you some things that have stuck out to me.


I am a big believer in teaching students to "dirty up texts" with their thinking. I think even our youngest readers can annotate with pictures.


Why did you become a teacher in the first place? This article is a short read and a chance to reflect as summer approaches.


Are you familiar with the Marshmallow Test? If not, watch the Youtube clip...


No comments:

Post a Comment