May 15, 2012

Tech Tuesday and Summer Bucket List


I have been using the Lend Me app to keep up with books that I lend to students and teachers, but was introduced yesterday to another app by Booksource called Classroom Organizer. You can scan in your books by barcode, set up categories by book basket, and you have a place to list each of your students. You can get the app from the app store on your phone. Happy scanning and lending!

Summer Bucket List


I've seen several teachers around the blog community posting their "Summer Bucket List." You know how as teachers we put many things off until the summer. Some of the things we put on our bucket list are chores, but others should be things that make us more well-rounded people, and will in turn make us better teachers! You have already made a professional commitment, and I can't wait to see what your personal bucket list items are.

My Summer Bucket List:

1. Visit Yellowstone with my family
2. Take two more cooking classes at Cooking at the Cottage
3. Take another art class with my mom at Uptown Art
4. Shakespeare in the Park
5. Read of course! (Here are just a few of the adult books I plan on enjoying! Perhaps I might take the Book Whisperer's Book a Day Challenge?)

3 comments:

Christine said...

My summer is going to be extremely busy with a Summer Boost program I'm doing in June and KRP in July. Honestly, I really love working! Here are a few things I'd like to do.

1. Get two articles off for review.
2. Get started on the Summer Boost Research.
3. Write my mid-tenure paper for next semester.

Now for the nonwork ideas.
1. Go to the drive in often.
2. Swim 3 to 4 times a week in the lake in my back yard like I did when I was a kid.
3. Visit my newely married son in Missouri.
4. Have a totally romantic 26 anniversary on the ocean in August.

Ernesto said...

That sounds like an awesome summer for both of you!! I am just looking forward for some extra time to catch up with work! haha I need to start picking up my work speed! But here is my bucket list for this summer:

1. Get a fully organizitional plan for my classroom.
2. Plan the first two months of school.
3. Have at least three projects for the KTIP leadership task.

Outside of work:
1. Work out at least 6 times per week.
2. Get a different car!
3. Attend a concert at an amphitheater anywhere in the US.
4. Cook more often!

Ruth said...

I would love to take a cooking class at the cottage - any good ideas?
My every summer is wonderful in that
we always:
1. Do a big family trip somewhere. This year we are going to Colombia where our son was born 27 years ago.
2. We garden and eat an amazing amount of fresh produce and I love trying new recipes to go with the fresh produce...how else can I cook chinese cabbage?
3. Organize the blueberry farm and sell the produce at the farmer's market. I enjoy talking to everyone at the local farmer's market in Shelbyville.

So my bucket list for this summer besides the usual fun is:
1. Organize years of photographs and enlarge the great ones for a remodeled basement.
2. Take one day a week for myself! No blueberries, no canning, no errands.
3. In part of that day spend time reflecting more with God.
4. Learn ebay and sell my mom's Meissen porcelain.
5. Go to my high school best friend's daughter's wedding in PA.
6. Go to MN to inter my Dad's ashes with my siblings and spouses.
7. Take time to dance - learn contra, or salsa?
Any suggestions?
8. Extra time reading of course...one of the reasons I am looking forward to KRP!

Post a Comment